Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard - Book Review

With my reading habits fluctuating month to month I didn't want to plan out when I would review books that I've read. I love reading and reviewing them afterwards is a way of extending the experience for me. I love reading and watching reviews on books I am interested in so here is my review of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.

Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard (link) 



The Red Queen has been a highly anticipated book for 2015 and again I was fully drawn in by the hype. Set in a world where the Silvers and Reds are divided by blood, where the silvers are elite and the reds are commoners I was really interested in this different land. With a slight hunger games feel to it I really enjoyed the main story of Mare, the red who is discovered to be more than her blood type, hidden in plain sight betrothed to the kings son, her fight to bring justice to her blood. All in all it was a good story, definitely the first in a line of books that have already been set to released in 2016 and 2017 and I am really looking forward to learning more of the stories of each characters. One thing about the book that can be criticized is the lack of description. When introducing a whole new world I feel like I should be able to picture it perfectly from the description, I felt stilted with this and couldn't fully imagine what the scenes were like. As well as the setting I also felt that other than basics I couldn't quite picture the characters either, it all added together to make it a little less enjoyable to read. Its engaging and definitely a YA fantasy series to pick up and get stuck in to.
3.5 out of 5

Love, E xo
Never miss out on PATR, follow me over on...



Comments