Book Review: Rivers of London

After hearing a lot about this series I could not wait to start this book, it being the first in the series and only hearing good things I thought it was right up my street. Especially as being a MAHOOOOOSIVE Harry Potter fan, and this being quoted as 'What would happen if Harry Potter grew up and joined the fuzz' (Diana Gabaldon) I thought yes, this book will be there in my top favourites. 

Its not. 

Not to say I didn't really enjoy this book, I absolutely love the idea and I am still reading the rest of the series but I didn't fall in love with it how I wanted to. To be really honest I was expecting it to be more real but I felt like it was a bit silly. I know that isn't very explanatory but I just wasn't a fan of how it was written. 

The story kept me turning pages and I wanted to read until the end to find out what was causing all of the magic disturbance but other than that it just didn't tickle my fancy. It was however a really good, fun read and I loved all of the references of it being in London, my favourite city. It made me feel like I was there in the story which was something I really did enjoy. As I am now onto book number two as I write this I have realised how much I did actually enjoy this book, I just thought he could of done more.
Rated: 



Shop this post:
Rivers of London

You can let me know anything you recommend for me to read in the comments or tweet me and don't forget to let me know if you have read/reading/or are going to read this book and tell me what you thought. You can check out my GOODREADS to see what I'm reading at the minute, whats next on the shelf and what I rate previous read books.

Love Ellie
Follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM both at @ellie_patr for everyday updates and pictures, and don't forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN' for all the lastest posts.ts.

Comments