Book Review: Moon Over Soho

I love a good book series, especially one that is so easy to read. So after reading Rivers of London I moved on to Moon over Soho excited to read about the adventures that PC Peter Grant and Nightingale would get themselves into. 

After a little break from the series I was surprised at how much I enjoyed getting back into the characters and the way it was written. Peter Grant is such a lovable character and I love that he is portrayed in such a normal manly way, he makes mistakes, has normal 'manly' urges yet is still scared of his mother. I love the way that Ben Aaronovitch writes, the way he takes you around London as if you are actually there and I love the historical references, its a great story but its so educational at the same time all in one!

Moon over Soho revolving around jazz, and therefore knowing that Peters Grant Dad is an old jazz musician it shows us some more of his family roots. But one thing that I really didn't like about this book is that there were two 'cases' running at the same time and it was really confusing at times to figure out what was going on. Other than that I really enjoyed the jazz theme, I don't want to get into too many spoilers but I knew that sometimes wasn't right about Simone and I was so happy when it was all revealed and then concluded. 

Whilst I am writing this I am currently reading Whispers Underground which is the next in the series. It is such a good easy read that it a feel good book. My anxiety has been rearing its ugly head a little bit more than usual recently and to make sure I am not making it worse I am trying to read things that are light hearted and this series is just that. 
Rated:



Shop this post:

You can let me know anything you recommend for me to read in the comments or tweet me and don't forget to let me know if you have read/reading/or are going to read this book and tell me what you thought. You can check out my GOODREADS to see what I'm reading at the minute, whats next on the shelf and what I rate previous read books.

Love Ellie
Follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM both at @ellie_patr for everyday updates and pictures,
and don't forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN' for all the lastest posts.

Comments