Pepper's Book Sunday: Before We Met

Before We Met by Lucie Whitehouse has been sat in my 'books to read' folder for a little while and I finally decided to move it to my 'current' folder and give it a read. It says on the cover 'Warning, you won't want to put it down' and its true, especially towards the end I was walking around with my kindle in my hand just so I could find out how it was all going to conclude.

The book starts with Hannah going to meet her husband Mark at the airport. When he doesn't turn up she starts to worry as to where he is and what has happened to him. The book unravels through the story of what she discovers as she tries to find out where he really is. 
Normally I'm quite good at guessing the plot line to a book early on, especially if it is a suspense like this, but with this book I had NO idea. I was so baffled as to what was going on and how it was unraveling. I really enjoyed the conclusion of the story and thought the whole idea of the plot was really clever. 

I would definitely recommend this book for those suspense lovers out there. It keeps you wanting to know more and easily pulls you into the story. One thing it doesn't have is a massive bond with the characters but as the story was so fast paced and took place over the space of a week it isn't something that threatened the story at all. Definitely a book you will read in days as you have been warned, you wont want to put it down!!


This is the first post in the series of Pepper's Book Sunday. Every Sunday expect a new read and review, so get yourself a cuppa, find somewhere quiet, out your feet up and treat yourself to a read.
Dont forget to let me know of any book recommendations you might have as I do love a good book. If you have read, are reading or going to read this book let me know in the comments what you thought!

Love Ellie, 
Follow me on TWITTER - @ellie_patr for everyday updates.
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @ellie_patr for everyday pictures.
and don't forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN' for all the lastest posts.

Comments