Divergent Book Review.

For a very long time I've been a book worm, at a young age you would find me hidden behind a book and its not changed that much over the years. With such a hectic day to day life now I find it hard to sit and get into a book and find myself reading blogs or browsing the internet more than making an effort to get stuck into a book.
This however was not a problem with Divergent! It has been a long time since I have sat completely addicted to a book but I have read the first part of the trilogy in a weekend. As a worldwide best seller and about to hit the UK cinemas I thought I would buy the trilogy and give the story a go especially as it was recommended by RachLoves on YouTube in her monthly favourites.


Without going into to much detail as I don't want to ruin it for those who are going to read it (and I definitely recommend you do) I'm going to explain the gist of the story. As soon as I started reading it I got the whole Hunger Games feel from the story and as a huge lover of that trilogy I was excited to get stuck into Divergent. Based in the future in a post war city there are 5 factions in which the people live by. At the age of sixteen you get to choose which faction you live in these being Abnegation, Dauntless, Erudite, Candor and Amity. The factions values is how the city is formed as for example Abnegation are council leaders as they value selflessness, Dauntless are the security and protectors of the city as they are brave and strong, you get the idea. The story follows Beatrice who renames herself 'Tris' as she changes from her birth faction of Abnegation to Dauntless after finding out she is Divergent this is when you are suited for more than one faction making you dangerous. 


The first part of the trilogy Divergent takes her through the steps of initiation to the Dauntless faction where she meets Four and makes some friends. Through the story we guess that something is not quite right and we are proven right at the end of the book. 

Veronica Roth has created a great story that is super engaging, once finishing the first book I went straight on to book number two Insurgent. At only 24 I can imagine great things coming from this author. I love the way she writes as you feel like you are right there in the story with the characters which I think can be quite hard sometimes.
I HIGHLY recommend this book, it will keep you super busy flicking through the pages as fast as you can to find out what goes on.

Let me know if you have already read it or are reading it or plan to! I would love to talk to someone who has read it as none of my family are big readers and I have no one to talk to about it!

You can find the products in this post by clinking on the product name, this will take you to a website where the product is sold. If the product has no link attached it is discontinued.
Please feel free to leave me a comment, I read and reply to all of my comments and would love to take a look at your blog too so leave a link xx

Comments